Social Enterprise Financial Services Firm Seeking a Values-Aligned
Alexis Advisors, a small, independent, rapidly growing fee-only registered investment advisory firm with a focus on positive social impact, is seeking an Administrative Associate who shares our passion of helping women and families meet their life and financial goals.
You will provide essential support to the advisors by providing project management through various phases of the financial planning and investment management processes, operational and administrative support to the Client Services & Operations Specialist, and marketing support.
As a Certified B Corporation, we seek to be intentional in all we do – from the way we run our business, to the way we work with clients, to the way we invest client assets, to the way we support our team.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The successful candidate will work in an administrative role across multiple functions:
Financial Planning and Investment Management
- Gathers, organizes, and files documents and information submitted by the client to develop their financial plan, proposal, and/or account review.
- Updates tasks in our project management platform related to financial plan, account review, and proposal development to ensure that all is completed accurately, on time, and produces the desired results.
- At the direction of the Advisor, assists in checking portfolio positions, preparing investment proposals, account review documents, and occasionally entering data into our financial planning platform. May attend client meetings to take notes, and address follow-up items.
- Provides marketing administrative support including database cleanup.
- Assists in posting social media, blogs, and newsletters, working with marketing vendors, and occasional off-site events.
- Assists Clients Services & Operations Specialist in tasks or other administrative projects.
- Provides administrative support including but not limited to electronic filing (including DocuSign) and scheduling calendar meetings.
- Assist with Quarterly reporting and internal Compliance tasks.
What We Are Looking For
A high school diploma is required, and a bachelor’s degree is a plus. Experience in the financial services industry and/or familiarity with basic personal finance terms and documentation (investment statements, life insurance, mortgages) is a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, committed to accuracy, and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong project management skills, including communicating priorities to advisors and team members.
- Team player, values-aligned, with a focus on what’s in the best interest of the client.
- Owner mindset working with team members to achieve company goals.
- Quick to learn, takes initiative, but asks questions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Lives in the Richmond area or the ability to commute to Richmond for in-person meetings and events.
This role involves handling confidential client information, so you must have a dedicated area or home office with reliable internet.
Compensation & Benefits
We are seeking a values-aligned team member, and someone looking for a long-term career opportunity with growth potential.
- The firm’s positive social impact begins with our employees: this position is hybrid and requires monthly and potentially other in-person team meetings and administrative event support.
- Hourly rate of $18-20 per hour, depending on experience. Includes possible increase in hours and hourly rate over time and at the team’s discretion, based on company need.
- Access to 401(k) and company match after waiting period.
- Professional development stipend.
- Bonus opportunity based on company and performance goals.
A background check will be required if you are offered the position.
This is a part-time position offering growth opportunities for the candidate with skills and values alignment. The majority of the work is performed remotely, with computer equipment provided by the company. The position requires in-person workdays for monthly and occasional ad-hoc meetings, as well as during the training period.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.